Registration for the 2019 Ice Age races opens on Sunday, December 2.
Here are a few tips to help you navigate the registration process:
1. Don’t panic! If you initiate registration during the time that registration is open for your event, you are guaranteed an entry. (In other words, if the race closes in an hour, you must have started the registration process during that hour.) But you must email the RD immediately if your registration is not accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not use social media to communicate with race headquarters.
2. Wait until 12:30 p.m. or so to register for the 50-mile race. The cap on the 50-miler is 575 and we don’t anticipate an early sellout. Not so much for the 50k. Hop on that one.
3. A special pre-registration event will be held on Saturday, December 1 (from 3:00 – 5:00 p.m. CST) for the following runners:
- Nine-time finishers of the Ice Age Trail races (in any single event or combination of events).
- Overall top 10 finishers (50M/50k/Half) in the 2018 races.
- Top three age division winners in all three 2018 races (men & women). Not sure where you placed? Check here.
- 2017 & 2018 volunteers (only on the condition you don’t tell our Volunteer Coordinator we’re doing this).
- 50k Mash-Up participants.
If you do not meet one or more of these prerequisites, please wait until general registration opens on December 2. We will be checking entries and canceling the registrations of those who think we won’t be checking entries and canceling registrations.
A few more things to remember when registering:
- Refunds = no. Bib transfers = no.
- When prompted, please let us know how many IAT races you have finished. We use this information to recognize milestone races. But enter ONLY the number of finishes you have in the race you are registering for.
- T-shirts are gender-specific, and the women’s shirts run slightly large.
- If you deferred your entry last year, you will be receiving a separate email with instructions on how to register.
Also please consider making a tax-deductible contribution to the Ice Age Trail Alliance. Last year, thanks to the generosity of Ice Age runners and a matching gift from the Badgerland Striders, we were able to contribute $2,000 to the IATA. Thank you!
Jeff Mallach, Race Director